GENERAL CONDITIONS OF LEASING
1) The properties are intended for holiday rentals and are furnished and equipped to accommodate the number of occupants indicated in the individual property descriptions published on the VILLEggiando VIAGGI by Villas in Med srl websites.
Booking a property
2) All bookings are made with VILLEggiando VIAGGI by Villas in Med srl. Bookings can be made via e-mail, telephone, fax or post. If the property requested is available, VILLEggiando VIAGGI by Villas in Med srl will make a provisional booking and put an OPTION on the requested property holding it for a maximum of 3 days. To confirm the booking VILLEggiando VIAGGI by Villas in Med srl must receive the deposit for 30% of the property rental (together with any deposits for additional services requested). Upon receipt of payment VILLEggiando VIAGGI by Villas in Med srl will send the confirmation of the rental. If the deposit is not received within 3 days the OPTION is automatically cancelled.
Payment of the balance
3) The balance for the rental must be paid in full within 40 days before the start of the rental period. If the balance is not received in time VILLEggiando VIAGGI by Villas in Med srl reserves the right to cancel the booking, retains the deposit and apply cancellation charges [see paragraph 9]. For late bookings made within 45 days before the start of the rental period full payment is required at the time of booking.
Methods of Payment
4) Payment is to be made by Bank Transfer.
Acceptance of Rental Terms
5) Once payment for the booking has been made, either by credit card, or bank transfer (or any other permitted means), both the deposit and final payment, and has been accepted by VILLEggiando VIAGGI by Villas in Med srl, this implies both for the tenant and for VILLEggiando VIAGGI by Villas in Med srl the tacit acceptance of and the obligation to respect the terms and conditions shown in this document.
6)The rental period is typically one week minimum, from Saturday to Saturday, unless otherwise specified in the property description or agreed.
Check-in / Check-out
7) CHECK-IN is between 17.00 and 19.30 and CHECK-OUT is before 09.30. Any delays or variations to these times must be agreed upon with VILLEggiando VIAGGI by Villas in Med srl at least 48 hours before arrival. No refunds will be given if the tenant is unable to take up residence of the property on the expected day or at the scheduled time due to travel problems. The same rule applies to early departures.
8) Upon receipt of the rental balance, VILLEggiando VIAGGI by Villas in Med srl will send the tenant a Lease Voucher (DEFINITIVE BOOKING CONFIRMATION) which has all the information on how to reach the property, the property address, how to contact the person responsible for the keys, and all costs to be paid on the premises. Upon arrival the tenant is obliged to present this document to the property owner/manager as well as a valid passport or identity card for the registration of all occupants of the rental property as required by Italian law.
Cancellation by the tenant
9) In the event of cancellation on the part of the tenant, he/she will be entitled to reimbursement of the rental fee subject to the deduction of a penalty:
30% of the total rental fee if the cancellation is notified more than or equal to 45 days before the start of rental period; 50% if cancellation is notified between 44 and 30 days before the start of rental period; 60% if cancellation is notified between 29 and 22 days before the start of rental period; 80% if cancellation is notified between 21 and 15 days before the start of rental period; 100% if cancellation is notified during the 14 days before the start of rental period.
Alterations and cancellations by VILLEggiando VIAGGI by Villas in Med srl
10) Although it is unlikely that VILLEggiando VIAGGI by Villas in Med srl will have to make any change to confirmed bookings, it does occasionally happen, in which case VILLEggiando VIAGGI by Villas in Med srl will advise the tenant at the earliest possible date.
a) If for any unforeseen reason VILLEggiando VIAGGI by Villas in Med srl is unable to provide the tenant with the already booked property, VILLEggiando VIAGGI by Villas in Med srl will offer the tenant an
alternative property of comparable standard. However, if this is not possible or the tenant does not wish to be transferred, VILLEggiando VIAGGI by Villas in Med srl will cancel the booking and refund the amount paid to VILLEggiando VIAGGI by Villas in Med for the property.
b) In the event of force majeure, VILLEggiando VIAGGI by Villas in Med srl reserves the right to annul the contract and return the amount paid.
c) In the case of extra services not included in the rental price (i.e. cook, cleaning services etc) VILLEggiando VIAGGI by Villas in Med srl cannot be held responsible for any eventual variations in the prices and/or utilization procedures which take place after the confirmation.
Information about the properties
11) VILLEggiando VIAGGI by Villas in Med srl has taken great care to ensure the accuracy of all information regarding our properties. The descriptions and photographs on the website are honest and present a fair and accurate picture. As they are private properties they do not have standards or categories that are internationally recognized, the evaluations given by VILLEggiando VIAGGI by Villas in Med srl do not reflect the evaluations of official tourist structures such as hotels.
VILLEggiando VIAGGI by Villas in Med srl liability
12) Rental Bookings made through VILLEggiando VIAGGI by Villas in Med srl are understood to be carried out on behalf of the landlord. Although prepared with the utmost care, the descriptions and photographs of the properties are indicative, and may be subject to alterations which will be communicated to the tenant at the time of confirmation. VILLEggiando VIAGGI by Villas in Med srl does not accept responsibility for variations or modifications which have been made without its knowledge.
13) For the entire duration of the stay the tenant is responsible for any property hired and in hiscare. The tenant is also responsible for the proper conduct of all occupants of the rental property and for leaving the property clean and in good order. Under no circumstances should the number of persons in the party exceed those specified in the booking confirmation. The owners and the local representatives are authorized to refuse entry and/or to request those occupants in excess of the maximum rental capacity to leave the property.
14) VILLEggiando VIAGGI by Villas in Med srl does not wish to have dissatisfied tenants. In the event there should be any problems during the stay, the tenant is requested to report within 24 hours any deficiency to the key holder and to the VILLEggiando VIAGGI by Villas in Med srl office on Tel. +39 0577 / 948042 – Mobile +39 340 / 76 37 478 or e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. This will give VILLEggiando VIAGGI by Villas in Med srl the opportunity to resolve the problem during the stay. In the unlikely event that the problem cannot be resolved during the stay, and if the tenant wishes to take the matter up with VILLEggiando VIAGGI by Villas in Med srl on his return, a registered letter with receipt advice must be sent within ten working days of the tenant’s return. Complaints made after the end of the holiday will not be accepted unless notified during the rental period.
Damage deposit and additional charges
15) The tenant is obliged to pay the damage deposit in cash upon arrival as indicated in the Booking Confirmation, otherwise the owner/representative of the property is entitled to refuse entry. The damage deposit will be refunded at the end of the stay less any deduction made for damage caused to the property. Any additional charges to be paid on site indicated in the rental
documents are considered part of the accepted rental agreement.
16) Even in the case where the tenant must pay the final cleaning costs on the premises, the tenant is obliged to remove the rubbish and to leave the property in a clean and tidy state, otherwise there may be further cost deductions above and beyond those already owed.
17) In general heating may be used from November to April as covered by current Italian legislation.
18) The owner reserves the right for himself and/or for his representative to access to the property for the maintenance of the external areas and of the swimming-pool.
Swimming pool and sports facilities
19) The dates for the use of the swimming pool and/or sports facilities are indicated in the description of each property. In the case of particularly bad weather conditions these may be varied for reasons that are not our responsibility.
Protection of personal information
20) In conformance with the paragraph 13, law L. 196/03 on the protection of privacy and on the processing of personal data, VILLEggiando VIAGGI by Villas in Med srl with registered office in Via Bruceto, 65 – 51010 Massa e Cozzile (Pistoia) – Italy and Head office in Piazza Luchetti, 8 – 53031 Casole d’Elsa (Siena) – Italy declares that tenant’s personal data shall be used for reasons connected with or essential for carrying out our business, and to be precise:
1) Stipulation of rental contracts, via the booking procedure; the carrying out and the correct
performance of the various contractual obligations; management and solution of litigation;
2) Information about the marketing of our catalogs; the posting of catalogs; surveys of the
degree of satisfaction of the clients of VILLEggiando VIAGGI by Villas in Med srl
B) Use: The granting of the data is necessary for the performance of the contractual obligations, for the administrative and fiscal obligations covered by law.
C) Consequences: Any refusal to give consent for the processing of data with reference to
previous point A1) will have the consequence that VILLEggiando VIAGGI by Villas in Med srl will be unable to carry out its duties in the contract. As far as point A2) above is concerned any refusal to allow data processing for that purpose will not have any adverse effect.
D) How: Data processing will be carried out with the help of modern computing equipment used by persons employed to do so. The data will not be passed on or communicated to third parties except when necessitated by the obligations of the contract or of the law.
E) Rights: The customer may exercise his rights as detailed in the law art. 7 of the law 196/2003, on request to the person accountable for the data processing, who is the current Managing Director.
21) In the case of any controversy which may arise, the competent authority shall be the Court of Florence and Italian law only applies.
The keyholder may refuse entrance to the property if one of the following occurs:
1) The damage deposit is not paid in cash on arrival.
2) The arrival time is not respected and the key holder has not been informed.
3) The number of people is over the allowed maximum.
VILLEGGIANDO VIAGGI by VILLAS IN MED SRL
Registered office: Viale G. Matteotti, 68 – 50052 Certaldo (FI) / Italy
Head office: Piazza P. Luchetti, 8 – 53031 Casole d’Elsa (Siena) Italy
P. IVA / VAT 01735720474 / Chamber of commerce reg. nr: FI – 621158